Saturday, May 19, 2018

Spring equinox, Instagram, Bee house

Hello and how are you? Spring has arrived and summer is on it's heels. I broke out the floral crown for spring equinox ~ I even had something special in store for my weeping cherry blossom tree.



I celebrated the new season by dressing in pastels and turning my tree into a Maypole! I broke out the ribbon and went about braiding it around the trunk. It came out really lovely and I kept it up for a few days in the nice spring weather. 

Spring Equinox

my Maypole tree

I wrapped the ribbon at the top and began braiding it around the trunk as I went down. You can treat this like you might a French braid or a four strand braid. Or you can just wrap it in alternating directions downward. At the bottom I simply tied a bow with my ribbons. 



Fun was had, the weather was wonderful and I enjoyed myself. If you like daily or weekly photos, videos and DIY's please stop by my Instagram! I have one devoted to crafting, which is the Craftiness by B one (see my links in the side bar). For non-crafty things I have an Instagram for that as well, which is my BerthaBee Photography. I share natural beauty, health, animals & pets, vintage and other styles I'm enjoying. 

Now for more projects I've been up to! A top project I had was to paint and hang up my bee house. I bought one from a local hardware store this spring. It's made with bamboo wood and is meant to encourage wild bees to turn it into their hive. I painted the roof red because... I needed a way to find it in my wooded backyard. But also to encourage bees to investigate it (red is bright like flowers). I hung it up and am awaiting the new bee house guests. 


bamboo bee house

I used acrylic paints with a water based sealant. This way it can hold up well over the months in various weather. Due to it being made with bamboo, it's unlikely to rot any. And the round bamboo pieces inside are there to encourage a hive to take up. Now that all the flowers are blooming I do hope to see some bees move in soon enough!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or contact me. I welcome you to share your own blog or links here. I will delete any material I feel is unfit for this page.