Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Summer break

It's summer for us in Kentucky, warm and sunny days ahead. But with this has come about some changes for me. To start, my etsy shop is on hiatus until further notice. Sometimes online selling doesn't amount to much. And I don't want to lose my passion for crafting, arts and drawing to dwindle because I felt it turning into a 'job'. This blog, my pages, will still be active - my etsy shop isn't going away.


time for a healthy break

In other news! I can finally show off the finished product of my friends wedding gift. She and her fella needed something they can wash, use daily but also be appropriate for them both. I decided on thick flannel fabric (in ivory) and cotton print fabric. I did some hand stitching in the sashiko style to the printed fabric. The rest was all machine sewing for lasting durability. I really hope they get years of good use out of these: four coasters and four place mats.
the finished wedding gift

I hope to spend some of my summer learning to sew new apparel fabrics and patterns. I have a few tops I'd love to figure out with some pretty fabrics. And I really want to venture into sewing linen. I have a good summer pant pattern perfect for linen fabrics! 
I hope everyone has a wonderful start to their summer. Stay cool, enjoy some summer company and grilling too. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or contact me. I welcome you to share your own blog or links here. I will delete any material I feel is unfit for this page.